Thursday, April 25, 2013

Wonderful News!


Student projects from last weekend's Fused Glass Sgraffito Drawing workshop~
Look at all this fantastic work!

This was a really fun group to work with, and their pieces are all extremely well done. Hats off to you ladies!
Artwork from left to right:  Shirley Cole, Laurie Mueller, Gail Stanforth, and on bottom, Gloria Moses.

Next workshop is scheduled for August 9, 10, & 11, and we'll be doing something a little different! We'll be designing colorful cityscapes by incorporating powder drawings into a larger work of art.  You can find out all the details and registration information on my website   HERE.


Wonderful News!!!

As many of you know, I have been given the incredible opportunity to work with other glass artists and teachers for a week in Portland at the Bullseye Glass Factory next month.  I have had many sleepless nights worrying about how I was going to pay for the travel expenses to be able to do this.  Lots of my artwork has sold, but with 4 kids and bills it has still been really hard to save for the trip. 
Then came a huge surprise...

I got a letter in the mail saying I had been selected to receive a Palmer Scholarship from the Toledo Museum of Art, which will pay for ALL of my travel expenses for the trip!!!  I am so thankful to the donor who sponsored it, and I can't wait to be able to tell them how much it means to me.  I feel a huge weight removed knowing I'm not going to have to sink into debt to make the trip, and I'm going to learn EVERYTHING I can possibly soak up while I'm there (without the added worries)!  Thank you, Thank you to everyone who has supported me, and to TMA for offering these opportunities to help artists grow in their discipline.


  

3 comments:

  1. These came out great Kelly, I loved the workshop! August? Sounds exciting, I need more expression in my life!! It was wonderful to about learn so much about the art of glass. Congratulations on the Palmer Scholarship, you are a very talented artist and it sounds like someone has recognized that! Can't wait to see what you come back with, and what you will show us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with everything Gloria said.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Linkwithin

You might also like